Thursday, December 29, 2011

Do you believe in the doppelganger myth?

The idea is basically that there is an exact (appearance wise) duplicate of everyone out there.





I can't say I've seen anyone who really looks all that much like me, but I swear I've seen a person and then months or years later see someone who may not look like their exact double but looks awfully similar, almost creepily so.





Anyway, what do you think?|||I remember seeing my father's doppelganger when I was a kid. A friend of the family had been to the Oktoberfest, and one of the performers there was the spitting image of my father. Even down to wearing a gold pinkie ring on the same finger. They brought back photographic evidence of my father's doppelganger (which he had framed and used to sit on his desk - just to freak people out).





As for my doppelganger (if the poor creature exists), I pity her.|||I don't know that I believe in it, but I like the older folklore about the doppelganger. That is, that it is the wraith or apparition of a person, whose appearance is often said to presage their death, and not an actual living twin.|||welllll





actually i do


everyone/thing has to have a counterpart right?


otherwise how else could we exist?


good and evil makes the world turn


just think, all the serial killers and convicts and rapists of all sorts have counterparts..


so in a different reality were the bad ones and theyre the good ones.


freaky right? :P|||Yes I met two people at the train station who said I LOOKED IDENTICAL to their cousin, they were shocked...They were walking past me and they stared at me and stopped, I knew they were talking about me..Their eyes showed their expression, then they came over to me and told me that it is scary how much I look like their cousin. They thought I was him...IDK I believe we all have a twin out there|||Well, I don't know about someone looking EXACTLY the same (unless they are twins or something), but I know this one kid named Josh and another kid named Jack and they look the same, and it's creepy. So yeah, I sorta believe it.|||Yeah, except their not called doppelgangers their called wannabes.|||Considering I've been told by tons of people that I look (creepily) like Ryan Gosling, yes, I can believe it.|||Only with regards to the lezzy, evil version of Willow from Buffy.








Mmmmm...evil Willow... : P

No comments:

Post a Comment